It is FINALLY fall here in Canada! If you know me, you know that I am SO happy to have this beautiful fresh air finally roll in.
This is probably my favorite season… and no, it’s not because of the PSL. :-p
These puppies are a nice touch for a fresh, crisp autumn day. The best part? They are Sugar-Free and High Protein thanks to the Protein Powder!
NOTE: The completed recipe can stay fresh up to 5 days in the refridgerator
SUBSTITUTES: Don’t like pumpkin? This recipe is great with Sweet Potato, too.
What You Need:
- 1 cup Oat Flour*
- 1 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 cup Yogurt (dairy free works great!)
- 2 Extra Large Eggs
- 2 scoops Protein Powder (any kind will do, I used Genuine Health Fermented Vegan Protein in Vanilla)
- 1 1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate Chips (with or without sugar, up to you!)
* If you do not have or cannot find Oat Flour, simply take your favorite plain Oats and grind them up in a blender or food processor until you have 1 cups worth of flour.
What To Do:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your baking pan with your preferred liners. Be sure to grease the liners lightly to prevent sticking. If you are using silicone liners, you do not need to grease.
- Mix all dry ingredients together, with the exception of the Chocolate Chips.
- Mix all wet ingredients together.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry and mix until smooth, adding only 3/4 of the Chocolate Chips.
- Evenly distribute muffin mix into the liners, top each muffin with remaining Chocolate Chips.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean.
- Remove from trays and allow to cool on wire rack.
- The best part — shove these tasty pups into your face hole. Om nom nom. 🙂