WE JUST HAD OUR FIRST SNOWFALL!!! Yay!! 🙂
Okay, so it wasn’t a legitimate snowfall that stuck around… but those beautiful fluffy sparkles from the sky certainly did fall last night – and I’m STOKED!
It’s cool if you hate me for loving the cold. 😛
Alright, enough rambling! Last night’s snow had me thinking of a Turmeric Almond Chai recipe that would be the perfect fix to help quell the chills and warm the soul.
There’s something so magical and inviting about a good cup of Chai. Adding Turmeric gives that little touch of earthiness and a bonus of anti-inflammatory properties. Stir in some good quality Collagen and you’ve got yourself a healthy and inviting soul-soothing cuppa.
NOTE: You can make a large batch of Chai Tea ahead of time to store in the refridgerator until needed. Simply re-heat and voila!
*TRICK: Keep your Chai Mixture for later use instead of tossing it. Fresh mixtures like this can be used more than once!
ADDITIONS: Honey, Maple Syrup and Coconut Sugar are all delicious additions for that sweet tooth.
What You Need:
- 1 Tbsp Black Looseleaf Tea
- 1 Tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 Tsp Black Peppercorns
- 5 Whole Cloves
- 3 Cardamom Pods
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Tsp Turmeric Powder or 1 Small Knuckle of Fresh Turmeric Grated
- 1 Cup Almond Milk (My fav is Califia Unsweetened)
- 1 Scoop Collagen (I used Vital Proteins Collagen)
- 1 Tea Sieve, Tea Ball or Loose Leaf Tea Bag
- 1 Cup Hot Water
What To Do:
- In a Mortar and Pestle, High Powered Blender or Coffee Grinder – Add Cinnamon, Peppercorns, Cloves, Cardamom and Anise. Grind until well mixed.
- Mix freshly ground Spices with Ginger and Black Tea.
- Add this mixture to your Tea Sieve, Tea Ball or Loose Leaf Bag. Steep in Hot water for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the Almond Milk on the stove until steaming hot. Alternatively, you can heat this in the microwave for roughly 1 1/2 minutes or until steaming hot. Gently stir in the Turmeric Powder to your now hot Almond Milk. If using Fresh Turmeric, add it to another Sieve/Loose Leaf Bag and allow to steep in the Almond Milk for 5 minutes.
- Remove the Chai mixture from the Hot Water. *Set aside for later use.
- Combine the Turmeric Almond Milk with the Chai Tea. Now you can stir in your preferred Collagen as well as any Sweeteners if you are using some.
- Don a onesie, slip on those cozy socks and sip your troubles away.
*Fireplace and cuddling kitten optional.